Thursday, July 14, 2022

Gratuitous Epilogue by Andrea K Höst

From Goodreads: 

NOT A STAND-ALONE NOVEL. An extra for The Touchstone Trilogy. 

What happens when the plot ends? A relentless barrage of weddings, babies, and planetary colonization! Meandering through the two years following the conclusion of the Touchstone Trilogy, this self-indulgent collection of family reminiscence is more saccharine than dramatic, with the most action to be found in snowball fights. 

For those who truly just want to know what happens next, no matter how mundane, read on for the everyday, ordinary lives of psychic space ninjas playing house.

My Take:

I waited several years before picking up this 4th book in the Touchstone series. Mostly because reviews said it was boring. However, I've read the first three so many times that I was finally ready to know what happened after Cass saved the universe with the help of her psychic ninjas. :)

Even though they are no longer being attacked by Ionoth, there is still enough going on in the story to make it interesting. Plus, I needed to know, you know? I actually think if I could step through to Muina I would be a sight sight talent. Isn't that the one always trying to work things out because of the need to know and understand? Anyway, I enjoyed this story and don't regret giving in and buying it. 

I give it a solid 4 and a Clean rating.

1-5 scale and what it means:
1: I couldn’t even finish it / just plain bad
2: I hope I didn’t pay for this / disappointing
3: I didn’t hate it, but it was still missing something / forgettable but inoffensive
3.5: On the line between good and ok / like, not love
4: Solid mind candy / worth reading
4.5: So very close to perfection! / must read
5: I could not put it down and I’m still thinking about it! / a true treasure

Movie Ratings in relation to my review:
Clean--Hallmark movies, some kissing, no nudity, no intimacy on or off "screen"
PG--Some innuendo but nothing kids don't hear every day, intimacy is all closed door
PG-13--some language (swear words not related to intimacy), more talk about intimacy, heavy petting, removal of clothing on screen, but intimacy is closed door.
PG-14—somewhere between PG-13 and R. Not erotica, but at least a paragraph of on-screen intimacy
R--swearing (F-bomb, on “screen” intimacy, sometimes feels like the whole story is about the intimacy and not the relationship or some other plot, but not always

No comments: