Monday, April 18, 2016

Lay Me Down by Tamara Hart Heiner



From Goodreads:
Life is more than just breathing.

Kylee Mansfield knows what it is to be alone. Her dad left when she was seven, and her mother remarried an abusive alcoholic. Kylee finds ways to escape reality, usually by substituting one pain for another. Things take a deadly turn when a jagged cut shows up on her arm, and she doesn't know where it came from. She enlists the help of her neighbor, Price Hudson, to help her uncover the truth. But Price shows her much more than just her past—he shows her what it is to be alive.

My Take:

I don't even know where to start! Wow, this book really sucked me in. Seriously, I had to keep reading to figure out Kylee's full story. By the end I found myself talking like Kylee--"I know, right?" And I was in love with Price. I love that he was a good guy. Kind, patient, wanting to help Kylee because she was hurting, in trouble.

The writing was clean, nothing pulled me out of the story. It was an easy fast read. Like I mentioned, I didn't want to put it down until I KNEW what had happened. :) Now I just want to know what happens after the story ends. I'm trying not to give any spoilers, but even though this is resolved nicely, there is still more story to tell. I hope Heiner plans on writing it.

I give Lay Me Down a 4.5 simply because I still want to know what happens next. 

1-5 scale and what it means:
1: I couldn’t even finish it / just plain bad
2: I hope I didn’t pay for this / disappointing
3:  I didn’t hate it, but it was still missing something / forgettable but inoffensive
3.5: On the line between good and ok / like, not love
4: Solid mind candy / worth reading
4.5: So very close to perfection! / must read
5: I could not put it down and I’m still thinking about it! / a true treasure 

No comments: