Thursday, June 16, 2016

Predator Girl by S.B. Roozenboom





I've been striking out on a lot of books lately. If I can't give it at least a 3.5 I won't review it, and most of the books that have been falling into my hands have not been ones I could finish. Hopefully soon I'll have more clean romances that are fresh enough in my mind to give you a decent review. Until then, here is another one from a few years back.

This review is originally from September 2012. 
From Goodreads:  
Strange and unusual beasts that few people are aware of roam our world. Jared Ferlyn is one of these few—a Finder, born with the gift for detecting and tracking paranormal beings. Tagging these Otherworlders for the government, he’s had his share of keeping fey, nightlings and other creatures from human sight. But when a strange new girl comes to town, Jared is unable to classify her despite his training and experience. Tracking her, he is pulled into a dangerous environment that not even a Finder is prepared for.

My take:
I wish I had written this review closer to when I read it, but summer was crazy. So, here is a quick thought from memory. The story bounces between the two main characters Jared and Ilume. Both are likable and believable. There are lots of unexpected twists to keep the reader happy, and yet the style is somewhere between Twilight and Shiver which lends a comfortable feel.  

I give Predator Girl by S. B. Roozenboom a solid 4.



1-5 scale and what it means:
1: I couldn’t even finish it / just plain bad
2: I hope I didn’t pay for this / disappointing
3: I didn’t hate it, but it was still missing something / forgettable but inoffensive
3.5: On the line between good and ok / like, not love
4: Solid mind candy / worth reading
4.5: So very close to perfection! / must read
5: I could not put it down and I’m still thinking about it! / a true treasure

No comments: